Saturday, April 12, 2008

fun times

I've done nothing to deserve the greatness in my life! The past two days were like a really good ice cream cone- so yummy and good, but it melts way too fast.

Thursday was my day - we woke up, got showers and went in search of a lawn mower. Didn't find one that was cheap enough for Travis, so he bought a weed eater and said he'd just weed-eat the whole yard. Ok - that's fine. We made our way back to the house and packed a picnic of sandwiches, chips and rice krispy treats. Then we drove down to the RiverPark and walked, ate our picnic, and read in the sun. Travis had scheduled a racquetball game with his friend, so we had to cut the time outside a little short and go to the gym. I got a leg workout in, while he kicked Ian's butt in the court. When we finally got home, exhausted, we took our second shower of the day, ate dinner and watched the new Jesse James movie (which was pretty good).

Friday was Travis' day. The forecast called for rain all day (even though it didn't start until like 5pm) so I thought that this would be a perfect Travis day because to him, laying around, resting, and never leaving the house is heaven. I DO need these days because it's very hard for me to stay put all day and not do anything outside. My dad (who practically lives outside) would always find us in the house and make us get out and play or do work. I almost feel guilty if I've wasted a day inside, instead of walking or doing yard work. Anyhow, we did go outside in the morning because Travis had to weed-eat the entire yard. God bless him, but the lawn looks pretty disturbing. The grass is cut in very uneven patterns, similar to what four-year olds look like when they've taken scissors to their bangs. He now concurs that we should get a mower. After that, we got showered and into our pj's. For the rest of the day, we hung pictures, put books in my new bookshelf, cooked, watched Sopranos, danced in the kitchen, cleaned out some of the nursery and just relaxed. The best part of the day was when it started pouring rain. We layed down in our guest room with the window open and Travis continued reading Prince Caspian to the baby and I.

He is so perfect - he even does the voices. So now it's Saturday and all I can think about is next Thursday when we can do our thing again.

2 comments:

Andrew and Anneke said...

Sounds like a blissful weekend! That is so great that you make the most of your days together. One thing we miss here, is thunderstorms and pouring rain. It sounds delightful...

Anonymous said...

Hey you two little people living in a perfect little world.....soon you will be up all night and just a little sleep deprived... then I want to read your little blog....because that is all you will have time for...Ha! Ha!

Did you count all my littles? I love both of you more than a little and pray blessings on your little one to come! Aunt Sherry