Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
- that I almost always opt for foods that Henry can't make a mess with, even if they are boring and really have little nutritional value (i.e. Teddy Grahams).
- that I love it that Travis gets up with the baby in the morning and I get to sleep in - even on the weekends when I know that Travis could use the extra sleep more than I could.
- that last week, I INTENTIONALLY chose sleep over going to my doctor's appointment. Luckily, I was able to reschedule.
- that I HATE dressing Henry (or any baby). Most mothers like this, right?!? I can't stand it and have no interest in putting outfits together, thus, pj's to Walmart.
- that sometimes it's just easier to nurse Henry than to make a meal for him. (Although, one could argue that I am "making a meal" for him).
- that a couple of times, Travis and I have acted like we were going to the gym and gotten a babysitter, but instead, stayed home and held each other on the couch in silence.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
I'd like to call this first steps but I didn't have the camera ready so I guess this is second steps. This was last night at the Kristian Stanfil/Charlie Hall event at the new Smoky Mountain Performing Arts Center.
This morning just to be sure he didn't forget in his sleep.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Lindsay Mashburn Wright: knows that staying at home is one of the best gifts I can give Henry. I understand that there are circumstances that prevent this sometimes BUT for those of you who want to stay home, just make a budget. yes, you might have to give up your HD tv and shop at thrift stores, but the return is so worth it!!!
Sara Mashburn Shope, Misty Ford Gouge and 2 others like this.
Diedre Breeden at 1:17pm April 21
Jennifer Keener at 1:19pm April 21
I sooo desire to be a stay at home mom!
Sarah Richardson Wilkins at 1:36pm April 21
definitely worth it, but so hard sometimes, too!
Sara Mashburn Shope at 1:48pm April 21
Being a stay-at-home mommy IS awesome!! Best job ever :)
Lindsay Mashburn Wright at 4:33pm April 21
yes it is def. hard at times...when anyone who says, "yeah but you get to stay home", like we don't do anything all day, I just want to let them trade places during the screaming and the poop :) Gosh, I love it though. Jennifer, maybe now that your house is rented, you can run the numbers again and make that possible?
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
So hopefully everyone knows who Andy Wright is, but if you don't, he is a brilliant little boy that Travis' parents adopted from China last August. He had Cranial Vault surgery yesterday in Chapel Hill to adjust a problem with the shape of his head. Please keep him in your prayers and click on "Catherine and Jerry" on the left to see pictures and updates.
Friday, April 3, 2009
This morning I woke up still feeling nauseous but no fever or chills. God will never forsake me.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
When I'm done eating, I take him back into his crib as he needs his diaper changed again. Then I put him in his walker(pictured below) and he walks around and around eating trying to eat things untill he gets fussy. Then I pick him up and we quitely/slowly/peacefullly walk him back to his crib and strap him down like he's in a silver chair. He sleeps another hour and a half for a total of almost 3 extra hours of sleep for lindsay. Definently worth it.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
I've come to expect a little bit of nothing from Travis on Valentine's Day, its just not his kind of day :). Except for the one year where we both decided to not get anything and he deliberately got me this Taebo set just so he would have a story to tell about the time when he got me something and I didn't get him anything. Anyway, this Valentine's Day I wasn't expecting anything and he blew me away. I got a romantic dinner at the Boiler Room, a handwritten love letter, and - drum roll - a gift certificate for a massage!!!! I am so spoiled. Thank you darling.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
A couple of highlights from the appointment:
- The doctor did say that by the looks of his gums, he'll be cutting teeth in the next couple of weeks! I'm NOT looking forward to that!
- He cried so hard when he got his shots but smiled a few seconds later at the nurses who gave them to him. Ladies man, just like his daddy.
- Dr. Berger said he is a very strong baby and looks very very healthy.
- He also has a wicked cold right now, complete with coughing, gagging, mucous, and a fever. Ugh. He just smiles through it though. He is over in his swing right now, smiling through his coughing fits.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
When we moved to Tennessee, our time was consumed with buying the house, being pregnant, and managing his store - we never even attempted a hike. So yesterday was the day. We bundled Henry up and packed the hiking pack (complete with peanut butter - a good source of protein for a nursing mother should we get lost and need to keep Henry alive :)). The weather looked grim and dreary, but it wasn't supposed to rain until later at night. We hiked at least a 1/3 of the way in downpour. Travis, who carried the baby on his chest in a Kelty pack, held an umbrella over him for most of the way. Henry loved every minute of it. He is sure to be an outdoors-man. The hike took right at 3 hours - I nursed the baby right before we left and as soon as we arrived at Camila's house.
My legs have that great kind of soreness that I've been missing. It's been decided - a weekend hike is now a family priority.