Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Henry Cole!!


Henry and I are up and getting ready for church. I'm sitting here eating my oatmeal and egg whites, while Henry is pulling books off the shelf. Just a few minutes ago, I had to clean up all of the tupperware scattered about the kitchen - a morning ritual that Henry thinks is funny. He comes to me and offers me a drink of water from my Camelbak, then takes one himself.

It is AMAZING how much he has changed and grown over the last year. Henry was born at 12:43pm after a scary delivery (the birth story is in one of our older posts). He came out with those sweet little dimples and stole my heart, partly because he looks JUST LIKE his father. The first few months were, well..HELL! I definitely questioned whether we would even have more children. Travis and I became PRAYING PARENTS - we prayed around the clock and reallyrecommitted our lives to Christ. Around 3-4 months, God's grace was shown and things got better. Henry started sleeping through the night and I embraced breastfeeding. Now, every day seems to be an improvement, as we are now so much more mobile and flexible. We have our routine down and I know what to expect from him.

At one year old, Henry is a joy. He smiles all the time and laughs at everything. He isn't very vocal but he knows what he wants and will let you know. He is walking pretty well now and is into everything. His favorite "forbidden" thing to do is to try to sneak into the bathroom and play in the toilet water (we now keep the door closed at all times). Henry still nurses 7-8 times a day, which I love because it is OUR time together. He also eats whatever he can get his hands on. Some of his favorites are spaghetti, prunes, watermelon and green beans. He loves reading his books and playing peek-a-boo. Ma-ma, da-da, and dog are his go-too words.

I look at him and praise God for the blessing that He gave us. God has been ever faithful through this new journey and has been the stronghold when we needed Him. Children truly are miracles and I'm so happy because of the light that Henry brings into our home.
Happy Birthday Henry Cole! Mama loves you!



4 comments:

cjw said...

Happy Birthday Henry!!! Ahh, I miss him so much and all of you.

Andrew and Anneke said...

He is such a darling little boy! I'm so glad that parenting is such a joy for you, and I'm so proud of both of you as parents. You guys are terrific!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, Henry! My goodness, what a great picture of him... he's a handsome little fella :)

Deidre said...

oh gosh..I can't believe it has been a year! Happy Birthday Henry!