We did go to Walmart (in our pj's), which I kinda felt bad about, especially when the checkout clerk asked if I was having a rough day. Geez, didn't think I looked THAT bad. As moms, we don't always do what is "expected" of us; we take shortcuts whenever we can, will do practically anything for a few more minutes of sleep, and we might not even eat all of our recommended vegetables in a day (or week). I felt the need to air out some of my less than stellar parenting moments - thus, the confession thread.
- that I almost always opt for foods that Henry can't make a mess with, even if they are boring and really have little nutritional value (i.e. Teddy Grahams).
- that I love it that Travis gets up with the baby in the morning and I get to sleep in - even on the weekends when I know that Travis could use the extra sleep more than I could.
- that last week, I INTENTIONALLY chose sleep over going to my doctor's appointment. Luckily, I was able to reschedule.
- that I HATE dressing Henry (or any baby). Most mothers like this, right?!? I can't stand it and have no interest in putting outfits together, thus, pj's to Walmart.
- that sometimes it's just easier to nurse Henry than to make a meal for him. (Although, one could argue that I am "making a meal" for him).
- that a couple of times, Travis and I have acted like we were going to the gym and gotten a babysitter, but instead, stayed home and held each other on the couch in silence.