Monday, August 3, 2009

27 Years

Well, it's official - I've been given 27 years on this earth so far. Not alot of time to some, but to others, more than they were ever given. I've learned some things over these past few years, most of my knowledge not coming from my education but from life. Without a doubt, the biggest, most life-changing lesson learned has been to live for God. Making daily decisions that put you one step closer to Him. Choosing to cast aside the expectations that the WORLD has of you, and living a life that would bring honor to His name.

For me, that means being a helpmate to my husband and a full-time stay-at-home mommy to Henry. The WORLD would have me think that I should be working in my "field", going for promotions and amassing gobs and gobs of stuff. It makes me sad to think that if I had not met Travis, my life would be centered around those beliefs. But, alas, God had a plan, and a man for me.

The life that God wants me to lead is one of service and selflessness. A life that might not hold anything more than what I have right now. And that would be far more than I have ever deserved. Blessings upon blessings have been poured out to my family and I, all by someone who asks nothing in return. I pray that I might use my next few years to live my life in a way that is acceptable unto His eyes. To show God that I do cherish His gifts and that I'm living for Him. That is all that I can ask of myself, to give His all!

3 comments:

Andrew and Anneke said...

Oh, I do miss you!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday!

T & L said...

I miss you too, Anneke. And your sweet, darling family!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Sarah!! How are you doing?