Thursday, December 11, 2008

hey there

Someone asked me why Travis was doing all of the posting lately and was something wrong with me. I laughed at the thought. For the first time in a while, there is absolutely nothing wrong in my life. In fact, all areas are pretty much amazing. Sure, I could hope for perfection but right now, I feel the blessings of the Lord so much that I couldn't ask for more than what He has so freely given.

So anyway, some updates on our life. We are loving Franklin. Being this close to family and friends is such a blessing that I feel spoiled. Henry gets to see his grandparents on a daily basis, I have help when I need it, and this small town seems to suit all of our needs.

Henry is doing so well. As you have read, during the first month of his life, he was not fun to be around. Now that he's 3 months, he is so smiley and animated. He has gotten into the habit of sucking his bottom lip (so cute) and he has a fake cry already (his bottom lip curls under - we can't help but laugh at him when he does it). He can hold his head up really well. I'm trying now to sit him on my hip and he is good for about 5 minutes, then his back gives out. He is still sleeping through the night (10pm - 6/7am)! We are still breastfeeding - an accomplishment in my eyes considering I wanted to give up almost from day 1. I enjoy our nursing time now and when he looks up at me and cocks a grin out of the side of his mouth, it melts my heart.

We are settled into my grandparents old house - living rent free! Still haven't rented our house in Chattanooga but I wasn't really expecting to until after the new year anyway. Travis absolutely loves his job - he actually said he was excited about going in one Monday (a huge change from his past job). My days are consumed with taking care of Henry, doing things to the house, and lunching with friends! The holidays are here and that makes being around family all the more enjoyable.

I don't expect things to always be this amazing - BUT I know who to turn to when they aren't.
And that gives me such peace.

1 comment:

Andrew and Anneke said...

I love reading your thoughts. You seem so at peace and at rest at this time in your life, and it makes me so happy to know that!