Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Like a different child

Up until last Saturday, Travis and I were under the belief that Henry was, in fact, a demon child. The kid cried inconsolably for a good two weeks and just about drove us crazy. We did alot of bouncing, used the vacuum cleaner, and decided it was worth the $3.80/gallon in gas to keep him pacified. I just knew I had a colicky baby and that the next 3 months would be hell.

Then something happened... my son is an angel!

The thing is - I have no idea what the change was.

I cut almost all of the dairy out of my diet. We put him on a schedule that is working out beautifully (Read Baby Wise or Baby Whisperer). Or it could just be that God is giving us a big break and Henry is growing out of his discontent state.

Whatever the reason may be, I am thankful that I am actually starting to ENJOY my child. Henry is now content after his feedings and he is starting to take in his surroundings. I can actually put him down on his belly or in his swing for 45 minutes and he doesn't fuss. He is a pleasure to be around. Mom swears he smiled at her twice. He really only cries when he is hungry or tired.

Day by day, this is getting easier. Just like everyone said it would. Now if he would just start sleeping through the night :)

1 comment:

emily said...

I told you..."this stage shall pass"...and I am so glad it was sooner than later :) And with everett it was the dairy also...he became a new baby! He also didn't like chocolate (even non dairy) and peanut butter...but now since he is doing well you can tell more what bothers him...if he was really fussy I could look back about 24 hours and remember what I ate to see if it was that...I am so HAPPY you are being able to enjoy him even more now!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!