Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Man

I must brag on my Travis. Few women are as lucky as I am to have a husband who plans a relaxing evening for his wife AND offers to take care of the baby.

A couple of weeks ago, the doctor gave me some Ambien and prescribed a night of complete rest. She gave me 10 tablets so that I could use it 10 weeks in a row if I wanted. Well last night was one of the nights. For a week, I pumped enough milk so that Travis could give Henry his 3AM and 6:30AM feedings. I knew about this part - but what I didn't know about was the hot bath and massage that Travis had planned. I haven't felt that relaxed since the baby was born and I got a full 9 hours of sleep (minus the two times I had to get up to pump for my own comfort).

I woke up this morning rested and more in love with him. I made him chocolate-chip pancakes for lunch to re-pay the favor. For me, it's massages and sleep. For him, it's syrup covered desserts.

1 comment:

Andrew and Anneke said...

That is so wonderful to fall in love with your husband more AFTER you have a child... most people warn about the opposite happening! I remember I just loved Andrew desperately more after seeing him sacrifice time and sleep to take care of our children so that I could sleep and rest. It is so wonderful!!!