Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cravings

My mom and I got to talking about cravings last night. When she was pregnant with me, she would send my dad out in the wee hours of the night in search of a hamburger, and it HAD to be a hamburger. About 2 weeks ago, I asked Travis to pick me up an Arby's Roast Beef on his way home from work, stressing the need for Arby's sauce. When I opened the bag and found no sauce, I was more than angry and I just couldn't eat that sandwich (how stupid). I thought it might be fun to occasionally let you in on what I crave, especially because eating and finding joy in eating is something new for me. I'm having so much fun!

Latest cravings:
  • Fruit (anything watery)
  • Water, Tea
  • Cheeseburgers (with lots of mustard and ketchup)
  • Cantonese Boneless Chicken (a Franklin Fortune House specialty that I haven't had for at least 12 years, but I can still remember how great it tastes...yum)
  • Baked Potatoes (with butter, sour cream, and salt/pepper)
  • Sushi

That's about it so far, but we'll see. Even though it feels like I'm eating all the time, I'm still about 5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. The doctor says it will come, just wait.

Post a comment and tell me what foods you crave (pregnant or not).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with Marcail, my sweet tooth completely disappeared. I only wanted Mexican food (Taco Bell!!), and anything else salty I could get my hands on.... ramen noodles, chips, dill pickles. Oh, and cereal.
With Donovan, I wanted cheeseburgers and ice cream. That how I knew he was a boy... thats just what his daddy wants every day of the week : )

cjw said...

I just crave sleep.