Monday, February 18, 2008

in my mind

i'm gone to Colorado. Maybe it's just the hormones but I sobbed this morning when I looked through a friend's pictures of out West. I miss the never-ending sunshine, the snow and skiing, the crisp air. I miss hiking and feeling so tired afterwards. I miss buffalo burgers and Good Times frozen custard. I miss Boulder and all the hippies. I love how every street and area was planned out so that there aren't 18 traffic lights within a 1-mile radius. I miss Buell theater and making a night of going downtown and watching a show. I miss the best sushi I've ever had.

I think I miss it so much because I actually got to see my husband; it was our place and we enjoyed it TOGETHER. The main reason we moved to Chattanooga was so that our children would be close to their grandparents. I want to give my children (and parents) that gift. But my heart is not here. Anyone want to buy us a ticket to DIA?

2 comments:

Andrew and Anneke said...

I think you forgot to mention that you miss Andrew and Anneke, too : ) Just KIDDING! Well, we'd be more than happy to have you back here! Hopefully T's situation will ease up there, so you will be able to more fully enjoy where you are now. We'll be praying for you guys!

T & L said...

Thanks for the support and of course, we miss you guys. I couldn't help but think about you when we were eating sushi.