Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Rant for the Day

I am so depressed. For the past two weeks, Travis has worked open to close, with no days off because his assistant has a staph infection (which is bad, I know). We got through the last two weeks with the assurance that she would be back today and he would get some time off.

Well....she calls him this morning and says that she will be out until at least Wednesday!!! Poor Travis is so sleep deprived that his little eyes have those bags under them (if you knew him in college, you'd remember - he never slept). He is just going through the motions. All this and I could go into labor at any minute - then what would happen? There is no back up plan if he has to leave the store. Plus, we were looking forward to these last fews days before Henry arrived so that we could spend some "just us" time together. AND, normally if he had to work this much, I would just drive to Franklin for a couple of days but we can't risk me having the baby on the road.

I'm stuck here, I feel miserable, and I just want to hit something! UGH!

P.S. That was my rant - here is how I'll get through it - Things could ALWAYS be worse somehow. We have a house, a baby, an amazing marriage, two working cars, jobs, and food in our bellys. I am thankful for everything, small and big.

4 comments:

Andrew and Anneke said...

I know that God will work everything out in the end. You just wait and see!!!

emily said...

maybe he will get some EXTRA time off when Henry actually arrives since he is working so much right now!! Wouldn't that be nice?!

Unknown said...

I feel for you! I agree with Anneke & Emily, this could be a blessing in disguise.

Heidi Makinson

Wright Family said...

isn't there a regional manager who is supposed to come in and help out when these things happen?...I get up every morning to check and see if anything has started yet with you and Henry, but it has just occured to me that you are probably the kind of organized person who will actually have a baby on her due date, so I am just going to chill for a few days...Catherine