Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Praise be to God!

God is so good. God is in control. He never forsakes us in our time of need. His Love and Strength is never ending - we should spend every second of every day praising His holy name!

I just got back from the high risk doctor and EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE FINE. The appointment went as follows: They took me back to the ultrasound room and a tech started out by taking some measurements of Henry. He is weighing in at 6 pounds and all of his stats were perfect. She asked me if I had ever seen his hair? then showed me some fuzzy white stuff on his head and said he had lots of it! So that was neat. She zoomed in on his heart and we listened to the beat. It is skipping every 4th beat, which was extremely scary to hear and see on the monitor. She left the room and told me that the doctor would be in to talk to me.

While I was in the room by myself, I prayed without rest until the doctor entered. I gave myself over completely to God's plan for my son and my family. As soon as the doctor entered, he said that after reviewing the pictures and sound bite, everything was going to be just fine. Henry does indeed have an arrhythmia but it will work itself out before he is even born. I asked, "and what if it doesn't?" The doctor said without hesitation, "it will!" Amen!

We are just so very thankful for this amazing news. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us.

An interesting side note for mothers to be: The doctor asked about my caffeine intake, drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc. Then asked if I used cocoa butter. Well of course I do, like every other vain female who doesn't want stretch marks. He said to stop because cocoa contains caffeine which could permeate through my skin and go to Henry. Interesting.

9 comments:

Andrew and Anneke said...

Oh wow that is so great! What a relief to you guys, I'm sure! Andrew and I have been praying a lot for all of you. Thanks for being so prompt with the new information, too : )

emily said...

We are rejoicing with you!! I have been checking your blog all morning to see your update! Thanks for letting us know...

cjw said...

Thanks for posting so quickly. I'm so excited. It's almost time!!!

Jess said...

What a sigh of relief... though we want everything to be in God's hand isn't is nice when His plan lines up with ours!! Great news!

Wright Family said...

This Nana is crying in China...I so appreciate the prayers of family and friends.......and now don't you understand how women fall in love with their doctors.....I'd like to hug him myself........although, I really do know Who deserves the Praise...love love love

Cathy M said...

Travis and Lindsey, I wondered all day yesterday as to Tuesday's outcome, praying...and what an encouragement to hear the Lord was faithful again....we are blessed! Continuing to pray for little Henry and rejoicing with you! the Makinsons

T & L said...

THANKS EVERYONE!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! I was so worried about you and Henry. So glad things are Okay. Cant wait to see the little guy!! Love you, Jackie

PS I'm going to be a grandma again!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, I almost started a rumor by reading carelessly!!! :o I read the comment above this one as "grandpa", and since it was from Jackie . . .

Guess what I almost told Catherine about your sister, Lindsay???

:o :) :o :) :o

Signed: Careless Reader jerry